The purpose of installing apps on our iPhone is to make our daily life more convenient. Helplessly, software unresponsiveness or crashing is a common situation that mobile devices encounter, we always get “my iPhone won’t turn off or open apps, please help…” requests. So in this article, I will explain to you why iPhones won’t open apps or turn off and how to fix it.
Part 1：Why iPhone won’t open Apps or turn off
1. iPhone memory is seriously insufficient. Every electronic device has a certain amount of storage space, and when your iPhone doesn’t have enough storage space to run applications, they will lag, flash, etc. So you need to perform the following steps to free up space on iPhone: General > iPhone Storage > Delete Data.
2. Network status. Almost all apps need network support to work, and the speed of the network is one of the most important factors that affect the speed of apps. When iPhone can’t open Apps or close, don’t rush, please check your network speed first.
3. The device has more programs running in the background. If you enable iPhone’s “Background App Refresh” feature, these apps will keep doing a lot of data transfer in the background, thus taking up iPhone’s running memory, which may cause the system to slow down or even crash. So you should manually close the apps running in the background to solve the problem that iPhone can’t open apps or close them.
4. The system is not compatible with the device. iOS system will appear incompatible with the applications installed under the old system after the update, you need to enter the Apple Store to update these software.
5. The application version needs to be updated or removed. The application you are currently using may have an unfixed problem and the developer must fix it by releasing an updated version of the application.
Therefore, please check if there is an updated version of the application that cannot be closed. Likewise, you should uninstall the problematic app.
6. The iPhone system is stuck or running down. There are many reasons for iPhone system crashing, such as iPhone jailbreak the device is not properly installed with the upgraded firmware package, etc.
You need to force restart iPhone, after force restart if the device still can’t open Apps or turn off, using professional iPhone repair software may be helpful.
7. The ambient temperature is too cold or too hot. iOS will adjust the performance of the device according to the external environment conditions, too cold or too hot temperature can make the device run slower, so please make sure your iPhone is in a normal temperature to use.
8. Hardware damage. If your device has been dropped on the ground, hit, dropped in water or even if the device is old, then it is likely that your iPhone won’t open Apps or turn off problem is caused by a body failure due to hardware damage and you need to go to an official Apple repair store to fix it.
Part 2：How to fix iPhone won’t open Apps or Turn Off
If you still can’t fix iPhone won’t open Apps or turn off, you should optimize your iPhone’s system further.
If you don’t want your iPhone to lose any data in the process of system optimization, then turn to iSunshare iOS Repair Genius. As a professional iOS repair tool, iSunshare iOS Repair Genius can help you deal with any system-related problems in your iPhone without losing any data, such as：
- Stuck on Apple logo
- Stuck in recovery mode
- iPhone won’t open Apps or Turn Off
- Black/Write/Green screen
- Frozen or Stuck
Here is the detailed operation on how to fix iPhone won’t open Apps or Turn Off with iSunshare iOS Repair Genius. In order to optimize your iPhone system smoothly, please download iSunshare iOS Repair Genius for free on your computer and upgrade iTunes to the latest version first.
Step 1: Run the software. In the main screen of the software, there are two function modules: “Standard Mode” and “Advanced Mode”. The “Standard Mode” can fix iPhone won’t open Apps or Turn Off while keeping the device from losing data, so your first choice should be it.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable. Click “Next” and the software will automatically recognize your device model. If it does not, please follow the instructions of the software to put your iPhone in recovery or DFU mode.
Step 3: Download the firmware package. The tool will automatically select the latest version of firmware package for your iPhone based on its model. You need to select the storage path of the firmware package and then click “Download” to download it.
Step 4: Start optimizing your system. Wait for the firmware package verification to complete, then click “Repair” to optimize and repair your iPhone system.
Soon, the device will automatically boot up after the iPhone is successfully repaired.
The iPhone won’t open Apps or turn off is a very common system lag problem. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to fix this problem, and iSunshare iOS Repair Genius is the ultimate solution that you can easily optimize your iPhone system with just a few simple clicks.